I’m making a chicken pot pie with a biscuit top tonight, but I’ve never made gluten free biscuits. I found this recipe, and am so glad I did! I’ve copied it directly, because there are a lot of steps to take into account, and rewriting it just seemed silly.
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/4 C sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C cold butter, cut into pieces
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 C cold buttermilk or almond milk
- Mix together gluten free flour mix, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add in butter and mix together until crumbly and pea sized.
- Add in eggs and milk. Mix until a cohesive dough forms(will be slightly sticky)
- Cover counter with additional gluten free flour to make rolling easier.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick.
- Fold dough into thirds lengthwise.
- Fold dough into thirds crosswise.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thick and repeat process two additional times.
- Cut out biscuits and placed on a greased cookie sheet.
- Put biscuits into freezer for 20 minutes to allow butter to solidify and create flaky biscuits)
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter after baked for extra goodness if desired.
Thanks to Home Based Mom!